11 September 2009

Paul K. Sloan

I didn’t know Paul K. Sloan.

I didn’t know that Paul worked in financial services for Keefe, Bruyette, & Woods. I didn’t know Paul went to Brown University. I didn’t know that Paul played football for Brown. I didn't know that the Brown Football Association Offensive Lineman Award was remaned in honor of Paul. I didn’t know Paul liked the Beatles. I didn’t know that Paul was from California. I didn’t know that Paul was 26 years old. There are a lot of things I don’t know about Paul, because I never met Paul.

Despite the fact I never met him, I do know Paul. I know that Paul had a loving family. I know that Paul valued and was valued immeasurably by his friends. I know that Paul went to work every day knowing that he was making a difference. I know that Paul and I shared the same ideals and beliefs about our potential for success. I know that Paul believed in and was a part of the American Dream. And I know that because Paul was at work in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. Paul stood for everything that the cowards who took the lives of 2,996 people on that day were against. Finally, I know that God knows Paul. He always knew him. He knew that Psalm 139:16 would remind us that Paul’s life was the exact length God intended. Paul is representative of all the things that make this country great.

Paul K. Sloan is an American hero.

And now we all know Paul K. Sloan.

_____

Paul K. Sloan (Legacy.com)

Project 2,996

_____

A fund has been established in Paul’s name at Brown University. Contributions may be sent to:

Brown University

c/o Brown Sports Foundation

Box 1925

Providence, RI 02912

Attn: Paul K. Sloan - '97 Memorial Fund

Make checks payable to Brown University, and include in the Memo space:

Paul Sloan - '97 Memorial Fund

_____

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated for offensive content. As they say, don't write anything your Mother wouldn't approve of.